When we started Revolve we knew that we want to grow and develop, both as humans and as a company. Equally important for us was, and will always be, that it would happen in a sustainable way. We always try to think about the environment that surrounds us. We are constantly striving to bring new activities into our lives, inspired by the Sustainable Development Goals, as it is one of our core values and part of organizational culture.
Artificial Intelligence is our passion so along with our core activities, we make some steps in the field of R&D. We started working on an internal project - real-time image recognition application. We took one thing that each of us has on a desk - a coffee mug. The task of a simple image recognition app was to distinguish our mugs from other objects. As a part of the development and education of the IT community, we decided to create an event for enthusiasts of artificial intelligence - and this is how the AI Katowice - the first Silesian artificial intelligence meetup - was created.
Caring for the environment is one of the elements of sustainable development that evolved in our team. It turned out that we all feel the need to transfer good habits from our homes to the office. As a result:
- instead of buying bottled water or using a bottled water dispenser, we decided on a tap water purifier,
- instead of the coffee vending machine, we chose a regular coffee machine, and everyone drinks coffee from their favorite mug,
- the building in which our office is located has a modern heating and cooling system that uses a geothermal heat pump,
- we make sure we breathe clean air, so more and more plants appear in our office to help us reduce air pollution and therefore, we support them with air purifiers in winter,
- we utilize electronic waste and ride a bike, use public transport, or carshare to commute to work.
EQUAL RIGHTS & ATMOSPHERE
At Revolve we’re not just co-workers, we are buddies who work together but also love traveling together and spending time after work. It doesn't matter if you are a woman or a man, no matter where you come from, or what your religion or sexual orientation is, be whoever you want to be but - simply be good and open-minded human being.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a collection of 17 global goals set by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015 for the year 2030. The SDGs are part of Resolution 70/1 of the United Nations General Assembly, the 2030 Agenda. The Sustainable Development Goals are: